I took this picture last night, when the jars weren’t back lit by the window.
I think it’s kind of funny that they are covered with an indigo dyed dish towel. It’s indigo’s fault they there, because I can’t dye with indigo in this weather.
Anyway, I sucked it up and put my dirty dishes in the dishwasher before getting started this time…You’re welcome.
They all looked pretty much the same in the jars but there is a fair amount of variation between them.
That pink piece is a silk scarf that I dyed with avocado skins and pits but didn’t like, so I threw it in with the cotton. I still don’t like it. But I like everything else. Cotton napkins, dish towels and doilies. I didn’t rinse them, I just hung them up.
This doily was up near the top of a jar. Where it was exposed the the air, it is greener, the submerged part has much more blue. So, I took it and a couple of dishtowels and stuck ’em back in for another day.
I think they’ll stay submerged this time, that jar in there is full of water. I’ll post again tomorrow when the pieces that are hanging are dry and the 48 hours pieces are done. I’m curious to see of the extra time will matter.
I really want to try again using a different mordant. I’m only interested in non-toxic mordants and am open to suggestions..hint hint.