It doesn’t look that different, does it? But I did spend a fair amount of my yesterday making this second curtain panel the right size for my window. I expanded it along two sides so that it would fit my kitchen window. Now I just need to figure out how to mount it. I need to be able to open it. I have a pretty good idea, I’ve done this before. I need to buy some dowel rods and rings so I’m at a stopping point for now.
There is something so satisfying about freshly ironed linen. It can really stand up to a super hot, super steamy iron. That kind of ironing brings out the best in linen – though when I wear linen clothes, I just embrace the wrinkles. It’s one of my favorite fabrics.
I sewed the two squares together in a long chain to preserve thread but also to be more efficient with my time. It still took me hours and hours.
Fun hours but still…hours.
|Before and After|
That’s right. My before on this quilt is the exact same as my after. I still can’t commit to the background fabric for this quilt. I did lay them out a couple of times to see that they may end up looking like. I sometimes think that I’d like a quilt made only of the corduroy. PS – Check out the stuffed animal on the couch. I made her out of an old wool coat about a year ago.
I did steal away one square to patch a worn spot on the sofa.
Apparently, denim wears out whether the ass is inside or outside of the pants.
I picked the patch I did because it just had a few lines of embroidery. That way I could add some more while attaching it to the cushion. I extended some lines beyond the edge of the patch just for fun.
I also used some thread made just for sewing denim – it ends up being relatively invisible – around the edges in the hopes that it stays on well. I’m tempted to add some fray check around the edges just to be safe.
We do get a lot of asses on this spot.