Textile Artist, Creative Teacher
5212 Spaanem Ave Madison, WI 53716 (608) 852 3970 | email@example.com
E M P L O Y M E N T
2006 – 2015 MONONA PUBLIC LIBRARY – Library Assistant
- Main Library: Organize resources for library, assist patrons, raise funds.
- Created and continue to coordinate craft programs for the popular Fearless Crafter’s program from 2012 to 2018.
- Children’s Room: Organize resources for library, assist patrons, teach craft programs, lead storytimes.
2012 – Present TEXTILE ARTIST & FABRIC DYER – Jennifer Falkowski, LLC
- Create and sell hand dyed clothes, accessories, and fabric.
- Sell at local artist outlets and fairs:
- Shops: Absolutely Art, Anthology, Gayfeather Fabrics, The Regal Find, Dillon Gallery, Millhouse Quilts, Blue Bar Quilts.
- Fairs: Art in the Wright Place, Mad City Bazaar, Craftacular, The Crafty Fair, Brava Madison Women’s Expo, Aldo Leopold Center, Stuff Your Stocking at Art In, Wisconsin Museum of Quilts and Fabric Arts
2013 – Present INDIGO DYE WORKSHOPS & CLASSES – Lead Instructor & Organizer
- Indigo dyeing classes at local creative outlets and shops:
- Absolutely Art, Still Point Farms, Mad City Bazaar, Olbrich Gardens, Paradigm Gardens, One One Thousand, Mill House Quilts, Blue Bar Quilts, The Electric Needle.
2011 – present CREATIVE WORKSHOPS – Lead Instructor & Organizer
- Creative classes & workshops in a variety of mixed media arts techniques including jewelry making, Art Journal painting & drawing, and collage
- Venues including American Family DreamBank, Public libraries in Monona & Madison, Madison Community Discourse, and private classes.
2016 – present DEEP INTO INDIGO RETREAT – Lead Instructor & Organizer for a women’s indigo dye retreat held annually in Western Wisconsin.
V O L U N T E E R W O R K
- 2015 – present MONONA PUBLIC LIBRARY MONTHLY MENDING DAY
Founded and coordinate monthly mending service day for those in need in association with The Sewing Machine Project
- 2016 – 2018 FRIENDS OF THE MONONA PUBLIC LIBRARY ANNUAL SCAVENGER HUNT (FoMLASH)
Founded and coordinated Madison-area scavenger hunt fundraiser to benefit Monona Public Library programs.
E X H I B I T I O N S
2013 MMOCA FALL GALLERY NIGHT Absolutely Art
2013 MADISON MODERN QUILT GUILD SHOW Madison Public Library-Ashman
2014 GALLERY SHOW Monona Public Library
2014 MADISON MODERN QUILT GUILD SHOW Madison Public Library-Sequoya
2016 MMOCA SPRING GALLERY NIGHT Monona Public Library
2016 100ARTS GALLERY SHOW 100State
2017 JULY FEATURED ARTIST Prairie Fire Yoga
2018 MADISON MODERN QUILT GUILD SHOW Monona Public Library
2018 GALLERY NIGHT FEATURED ARTIST Barriques on Atwood
O R G A N I Z A T I O N S
2018 – present MADISON CONTEMPORARY FIBER ARTS GUILD, member
2012 – 2018 MADISON MODERN QUILT GUILD (MMQG) member, 2014 Event Chair
2015 – 2017 WISCONSIN WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS Coaches SIG member
2015 – present MADISON SEWING GUILD member, 2017, 2018 Program Chair
2016 – present AMERICAN SEWING GUILD member, 2017, 2018 Program Chair
2017 – ONE ONE THOUSAND member
2017 – present WORLD SHIBORI NETWORK member
2017 – present CRAFT INDUSTRY ALLIANCE member
E D U C A T I O N
1990, Graduated from DePaul Theatre School – Degree BFA in Acting – Chicago IL
1986 Graduated from Roycemore High School – Evanston IL