I was the Queen of finishing yesterday.
I will admit to tossing and turning in bed a couple of times because I was worried about the colors being so un baby like. I also worried about the weight of the quilt. But I’m all in now.
I did add a couple of lines of purple stitching.
In my “so into this project I’m going a little nuts” brain, I imagined them as two friends who’s lives intersect and then separate over and over, but they still care for each other.
Does anyone else do that or am I just a little goofy?
Here’s a spot that looked a little weak.
The edge of the denim was little frayed where I sewed them together so I reinforced it a bit. It was also just fun to stitch.
Here’s a patch I added where I didn’t like the way the intersection of blocks looked so I just covered it up. I could have kept adding and changing details into the wee hours. As it is, I was up till midnight.
And here’s the ultimate test. The quilt is in the wash, regular cycle, as I type! Even though the colors aren’t typically babyish, it is a baby quilt and will need to be able to withstand a lot! I may have to do some repairs after the wash but I prefer to be the one to do them, along with whatever reinforcing it will need.
I’ll post pictures of the aftermath.